Outdoor Recreation & Trips
Hikes: Join us for a guided hike! We've selected easy locations, but these activities are still physically demanding! Our hikes our rated either a 1 or a 2. 1= Easy (2-4miles round trip and/or less than 600 feet elevation gain. Generally easy terrain with little elevation gain.) 2=Moderate (4-6 miles round trip and/or 700-1,500 feet elevation gain. Mix of easy and harder terrain--rocky or short steep sections).
- September 23rd - Chavez Trail Loop: $12.50R/$16NR
- September 30th - Rattlesnake Gulch: $12.50R/$16NR
- October 7th - Elk Range Trail: $13.50R/$17NR
- October 14th - Elk Meadows: $14.50R/$18.50NR
- October 21st - Hayden/Green Mnt.: $12.50R/$16NR
- October 28th - Heil Valey Ranch: $16R/$20NR
- November 4th - Big Bluestem Loop: $12.50R/$16NR
- November 11th - Mt. Falcon: $12.50R/$16NR
- November 18th - Chautaqua: $11.50R/$14.50NR
Fall Nature Walks: The van will depart the Active Adult Center at 8a.m for Eastlake Days. For Carpenter Park days, the group will still meet at the Active Adult Center and walk over to the trail together. Be prepared to walk up to 2 miles, though exact mileage may vary. All days are $7R/NR.
- September 27th - Eastlake
- October 4th - Carpenter Park
- October 18th - Eastlake
- November 8th - Carpenter Park
- November 15th - Eastlake
Snowshoeing: Snowshoeing is the fastest growing winter activity. Why? Because if you can walk, you can snowshoe. Our adventures on snowshoes are generally up to four miles round trip, on fairly flat terrain.
Trips: Come explore the sights, sounds and tastes of Colorado by coming on a trip! From unique to fun and informative destinations and tasty restaurants, we have trip options for you.
- September 21st - Breakfast Club: Jelly Cafe - $11R/$13.50NR
- October 11th - Denver Walking Tour - $21R/$23.50NR
- October 14th - Breakfast Club: Bacon Social House - $13R/$16NR
- October 23rd - Lakewood Cultural Center: Elvis Memories - $48.50R/$51NR
To Register: For the hiking program, please follow the link and click on "Seniors." Register Now! For Outdoor Recreation Trips, please follow the link and click on "Recreation." Register Now!