Thornton Arts & Culture Center (TACC) - 9209 Dorothy Blvd Thornton 80229
TACC RENTAL REQUESTS ARE BEING TAKEN. PLEASE CALL 720-977-5887 FOR AVAILABILITY.
Who can rent the TACC?
Any adult 18 years or older who is a Thornton resident or a nonprofit group whose official address is within the city's boundaries. Nonresident individuals and groups are welcome to request use of the facility with priority given to city and local (resident) users.
How do I reserve the TACC?
First, request a day and time by completing the TACC Facility Rental Form and emailing it to ArtsThornton@ThorntonCO.gov. Once your form has been reviewed and approved, pay your deposit to finalize your reservation (unless you have requested use during weekday office hours when facility use is free). We are unable to hold or guarantee facility availability if a deposit isn't paid for evening or weekend use. Please call 720-977-5887 if you have any questions.
What hours is TACC available?
Paid facility use is scheduled Tuesday-Friday, 6-10 p.m., Saturday, 2-11 p.m., and Sunday, 8 a.m.-11 p.m. Facility use is free during normal hours of operation, Tuesday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. TACC is closed on Mondays and Federal holidays. After hours facility access on evenings and weekends is dependent on securing a facility supervisor to be present for the duration of the rental period. Reservations are required for any type of facility use on any day, and must be requested and approved by Arts and Culture staff, using the TACC rental form, before access is allowed for any user.
Facility Rental Facts:
- Availability at any time is dependent on city and division use scheduled in advance by TACC staff.
- The theater/gallery space can accommodate up to 100 people depending on the desired use.
- Set-up of tables and chairs will be completed by custodial staff prior to your
rental start time.
- Access to the existing sound system and theater lighting is included in the hourly rental cost.
- When requesting use of the facility, please factor in time to setup/decorate and clean
up/load out afterwards. You may not enter TACC prior to your reserved start time and must leave by the end of your scheduled rental period.
- To reserve the facility, a TACC Facility Rental Form must be completed, as well as payment of
the facility damage deposit received. If you plan to serve alcohol, you must complete
an application for a City of Thornton Liquor License available at the City Clerk's office in City Hall at 9500 Civic Center Drive. Call 303-538-7230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this requirement.
- If you are serving alcohol, full payment for facility use is due 30 days prior
to the rental date along with your liquor license.
- If your rental does not involve a liquor license, then full payment for facility use is due two weeks prior to the first rental date.
- Facility rental use cannot extend past 11:00 p.m. on weekends or 10:00 p.m. on weeknights; additional charges may apply.
- All evening and weekend users pay to use the facility to cover supervisory and custodial costs; a two-hour minimum is required.
Additional equipment & services*:
- PC and Monitor, $15 flat fee
- Projector and Screen, $15 flat fee
- Sound Technician, $20/hr (beyond facility staff support)
- Lower level acess, $40 flat fee (dressing rooms, kitchen)
- Alcohol Permit - fee varies; see rental form for details.
*Use of outside equipment or contractors during your rental period requires TACC staff approval. Please do not submit a facility rental form without getting this approval first.