Thornton Arts & Culture Center (TACC) - 9209 Dorothy Blvd Thornton 80229
Rental of the TACC has been suspended due to current COVID-19 capacity restrictions.
Who can rent the TACC?
Any adult 18 years or older who is a Thornton resident or a nonprofit group whose official address is within the city's boundaries. Nonresident individuals and groups are welcome to request use of the facility with priority given to city and local users.
How do I reserve the TACC?
First, request a day and time by completing the TACC Facility Rental Form and emailing it to ArtsThornton@ThorntonCO.gov. Once your form has been reviewed and approved, pay your deposit to finalize your reservation (unless you have requested use during weekday office hours when facility use is free). We are unable to hold or guarantee facility availability if a deposit isn't paid for evening or weekend use. Please call 720-977-5880 if you have any questions.
What hours is TACC available?
Paid facility use is scheduled Monday-Friday, 6 p.m.-10 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday, 8 a.m.-11 p.m. Facility use is free during normal hours of operation, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. TACC is closed on Federal holidays. After hours facility access on evenings and weekends is dependent on securing a facility supervisor to be present for the duration of the rental period.
Reservations are required for any type of facility use and must be requested and approved, using the TACC rental form, before access is allowed.
Facility Rental Facts:
- The theater/gallery space can accommodate up to 100 people depending on the set-up.
- Set-up of tables and chairs will be completed by facility staff prior to your
rental start time.
- Access to the TACC sound system and theater lighting is included in the hourly cost of rentals.
- When requesting use of the facility, please factor in time to setup/decorate and clean
up/load out afterwards. You may not enter TACC prior to your reserved start time and must leave by the end of your scheduled rental period.
- To reserve the facility, a TACC Facility Rental Form must be completed, as well as payment of
the facility damage deposit received. If you plan to serve alcohol, you must complete
an application for a City of Thornton Alcohol Permit available at the City Clerk's office in City Hall at 9500 Civic Center Drive.
- If you are serving alcohol, full payment for facility use is due 30 days prior
to the rental date along with your Alcohol permit.
- If your rental does not involve an alcohol permit, then full payment for facility use is due
2 weeks prior to the rental date.
- Facility rental use cannot extend past 11:00 p.m. on weekends or 10:00 p.m. on weeknights; additional charges may apply.
- All facility rentals are subject to the availability of a facility supervisor. The per hour cost of renting the facility includes the cost of this supervisor which is a requirement for all rentals.
Additional equipment & services*:
- PC and Monitor, $15 flat fee
- Projector and Screen, $15 flat fee
- Sound Technician, $20/hr (beyond facility staff support)
- Lower level acess, $40 flat fee (dressing rooms, kitchen)
- Alcohol Permit - fee varies; see rental form for details.
*Use of outside equipment or contractors during your rental period requires TACC staff approval. Please do not submit a facility rental form without getting this approval first.