eastlake pond

​Housing for Specific Populations

Senior Housing and Support Services 

The links on the right provide a variety of housing services offered through the local community.    

Housing Assistance for People with Disabilities 

Colorado Housing Assistance Corporation (CHAC): CHAC provides financial assistance of $8,500 at a 1.5% interest rate for people with permanent disabilities or parents of a child with a permanent disability. Call 303-572-9445 for more information.

Colorado Housing and Finance Authority: The HomeAccess program provides down payment and/or closing cost assistance of up to $25,000 in conjunction with a HomeAccess first mortgage loan. There are income and home price limitations so please visit the website for details or call 303-297-7376.

Rights and Discrimination:  People with disabilities are protected under the federal Fair Housing Act.  Follow the link to the right for more information on rights and who to contact if you have concerns about discrimination.

Housing Resources for Veterans 

Emergency Housing Assistance

The following organizations provide services to help veterans find and remain in stable housing.  Services include assistance with rental deposits and utility payments, legal and financial planning, employment assistance, and case management.  Contact the agencies below for more information.

Volunteers of America Back Home Program: 2660 Larimer St. Denver, 303-297-0408

Homes for All Veterans: 9900 E. Illiff Ave. Denver, 303-368-3831 or 855-838-7428

Affordable Rental Housing

VASH Vouchers: Vouchers allow veterans to pay only 30% of their income on qualified rental housing.  For information, contact the Denver VA Medical Center at 303-399-8020 ex. 4328.

Homeownership Assistance

VA Loans and Refinancing: Lower interest rates or flexible qualifications may be available to veterans to help purchase a home, refinance, or make home modifications.  Visit the Denver Regional Benefits Office at 155 Van Gordon St. Lakewood, or call them at 1-800-827-1000.

Property Tax Exemptions: Active duty military or disabled veterans may be eligible for property tax exemptions.  Contact the Adams County Assessor at 720-523-6038 for more information.