THORNTON, CO…City of Thornton Recreation facilities will close for annual maintenance to undergo annual upgrades and repairs such as painting, cleaning, and floor resurfacing. The Margaret W. Carpenter Recreation Center and pool will remain open. The Thornton Community Center is closed as of August 5 and scheduled for demolition and rebuild.
Thornton Community Center (TCC):
The TCC demolition and rebuild will take approximately two years to complete. When finished, the new building will feature community center functions and amenities as well as an Anythink Public Library. For more information on the rebuild visit gocot.net/tcc.
Thornton Trail Winds Recreation Center (TWRC):
• The TWRC will be closed August 27-September 5 and reopen September 6.
• The TWRC pool will be closed August 13-September 5, reopening September 6.
• The Active Adult Wing at Trail Winds Recreation Center will be closed August 27-September 5.
Thornton Outdoor Pools:
• The last day of summer operations for all Thornton outdoor pools is August 14.
Thornton Active Adult Center, 11181 Colorado Blvd.:
• Closed August 18-19. No lunch service will be provided.
Carpenter Park Boathouse:
• Last day of summer operation is Labor Day, September 5.
Thornton staff will be working on-site during these closures and will be available by phone.
For more information visit gocot.net/recreation.