The city of Thornton is currently recruiting for the position of Police Chief. Please click the link below to apply directly to the search firm.
Thank you for your interest in working for the City of Thornton!
In an effort to curb the transmission of the COVID-19 virus, the City has slowed most recruitment processes. If the position is listed below, we are still taking applications and may also be conducting phone or skype interviews. Backgrounds and references may still be conducted as well.
Please know that not every recruitment process will be handled the same; a few will continue as normal, some will continue but have delayed start dates, and some will be delayed all together. You will receive further communication if and when you are chosen to move forward in our process.
We understand this is a difficult time for everyone and appreciate your patience.
City of Thornton Human Resources Team
You are welcome to apply online for any of the positions listed at the above link. The city of Thornton does NOT have paper applications.
To apply for a position, click on the job title, then click the "Apply" button on the top.
To check the status of an application, please click the link above, then click the "Sign In" button in the upper right corner.
To be notified when a certain job type opens, please click the "Job Alert Subscription" tab on the left side of this page.
Thank you for your interest in working for the city of Thornton!
The city of Thornton only accepts online applications for current positions. We do not keep resumes on file for future openings.
Your application will be used as a screening tool. Completeness and accuracy are important!
If you need help logging into your job seeker account, including Username or Password issues, you must contact GovernmentJobs.com/NEOGOV at 855-524-5627. City of Thornton staff are not able to help you with account access.
- If this is your first time applying with the City, you will have to create an account on the site.
- Your application, resume, cover letter, etc., can be saved to your account and used to apply for any current or future jobs.
- Each job has a Closing Date. All applications must be submitted BY 5pm MST on this date in order for you to be considered for the position.
- Once you hit the "Accept" button at the end of the application process, you will see a confirmation message. If you do not see the message, your application has not been submitted.
- It is important that your application shows all the relevant experience and education which may qualify you for the position. Resumes and cover letters can be included but do not replace the work experience on the application.
- Incomplete or inaccurate applications may result in disqualification.
- Please review each application before you click Submit to check that all information is correct, current, and related to the job opening.
- Any false or untrue statements, or material omissions in your application and attached paperwork, or during the selection process could disqualify you from consideration.
- Online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted.
- The City of Thornton is a drug and alcohol free workplace that follows the federal guidelines in regards to drug and alcohol testing.
Americans with Disabilities Act Information
In accordance with the requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 ("ADA"), the City of Thornton will not discriminate against
qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability in its services, programs, or activities.
Upon request, the City may provide appropriate aids and services leading to effective communication for qualified persons with disabilities.
The city of Thornton is an Equal Opportunity Employer: ADA Notice ADA Grievance Procedure FMLA