Calling all aspiring youth K-12th Grade!
Here's your chance to show off your amazing talents and compete against other youth from the Metro Area. Both individuals and groups (no more than four participants) are welcome to try out.
This popular competition is broken into the following categories:
• VOICE performance with background tracks or a capella. No live accompanists.
• MUSIC performance with live instrumentation played by the performer. Includes singers who are also playing an instrument or accompanied by another participant who is also part of the act.
• VARIETY act that does not fall into the above categories. This includes magic, comedy, interpretive readin, martial arts, acrobatics, etc.
• NEW THIS YEAR! DANCE performance with traditional dance styles such as ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, lyrical, ethnic etc.
Prizes are awarded in the following age groups:
• Grades K-2
• Grades 3-5
• Grades 6-8
• Grades 9-12
Medals are awarded to the top three finalists in each age group. The first place winner in each category will go on to compete in the Regional Grand Finale against finalists from participating communities around the Denver metro area.
The selected participants must submit a $6 entry fee. Dress rehearsal is on Thursday, February 28. All selected acts must attend the dress rehearsal in order to compete in the finals.
Due to the popularity of this competition, all acts need to go through an audition process. Auditions are by appointment only. To schedule an audition, please visit: www.signupgenius.com
• Wednesday, February 19 • 4-7 p.m. •Trail Winds Recreation Center, 13495 Holly St, Thornton
• Thursday, February 20 • 4-7 p.m.• Trail Winds Recreation Center, 13495 Holly St, Thornton
Dress Rehearsal • Friday, February 28, 4-8 p.m. • Trail Winds Recreation Center, 13495 Holly St, Thornton
• Saturday, February 29, 2 p.m. D.L. Parsons Theater
Regional Grand Finale
• TBD Check back for more information!
Tickets for the local competition at the Trail Winds Recreation Center will go on sale February 22! Check back for links and information!
Congratulations to the Youth that competed in the 2019 show!