Recreation Programs, Facilities & Events
Paws for a Dip Makes another
Big Splash at City Pool in 2019!
hosted by Parks, Recreation and
Relief from the heat and some fun in the sun was available to attendees at this year's Paws for a Dip.
Once City Pool closes to the public for the season, staff shut off the filtration system to this zero depth entry pool located in Thornton's Community Park and charge $5 per dog and $1 per human companion for four hours of fun in the sun! It’s a Thornton Parks, Recreation & Community Programs tradition for more than a decade!
A total of 180 dogs, along with their favorite human companions participated in this year's event.
The Thornton community has long seen the value of safe and welcoming neighborhoods along with parks and open spaces where they can recreate, relax and enjoy time with family and friends. Through the use of our quality programming, our parks and our recreation facilities, the Thornton Recreation Division provides safe, supervised activities for residents of all ages.
Thornton residents have the opportunity to enhance the quality of their lives by participating in our fitness programs, sports activities, a wide array of enrichment classes as well as special events and festivals, all created specifically to form a place for neighbors to gather.
Thornton’s Recreation Division takes a great deal of pride in honoring the Community Services Department’s Mission Statement in everything that we do and provide for our citizens.
The content of which is as follows:
- Enrich the quality of life by creating places for neighbors to gather.
- Promote safety, health and wellness.
- Foster human development
- Provide diverse programs and leisure services designed to meet physical, mental, cultural and social needs of the community.
- Establish and preserve a connected system of parks, trails, open space and facilities for the present community and future generations.
- Develop and facilitate an enriched environment of artistic, creative and cultural activities.