So Many Things to Do & See at this Year's Harvest Fest!
hosted by Parks, Recreation and
From the Children's Fishing Derby at Grandview Ponds and the always delicious Pancake Breakfast at the Active Adult Center to the final note of the closing band on the Larkridge Main Stage, Harvest Fest, once again, proved itself to be a fantastic way to spend a September Saturday with family, friends and neighbors.
This festival, presented by Larkridge and held in Thornton's popular Community Park in the southern section of the city, draws well over 10-15,000 attendees each year and includes popular venues like the Skatepark Competition, Cultural Corner, Kidz Zone, Vendor Bazaar, the Larkridge Main Stage with amazing live entertainment and more! Brand new to the event this year was the Low-Cost Pet Microchipping and the Thornton Fire Department's Stop the Bleed training opportunity.
The Thornton community has long seen the value of safe and welcoming neighborhoods along with parks and open spaces where they can recreate, relax and enjoy time with family and friends. Through the use of our quality programming, our parks and our recreation facilities, the Thornton Recreation Division provides safe, supervised activities for residents of all ages.
Thornton residents have the opportunity to enhance the quality of their lives by participating in our fitness programs, sports activities, a wide array of enrichment classes as well as special events and festivals, all created specifically to form a place for neighbors to gather.
Thornton’s Recreation Division takes a great deal of pride in honoring the Community Services Department’s Mission Statement in everything that we do and provide for our citizens.
The content of which is as follows:
- Enrich the quality of life by creating places for neighbors to gather.
- Promote safety, health and wellness.
- Foster human development
- Provide diverse programs and leisure services designed to meet physical, mental, cultural and social needs of the community.
- Establish and preserve a connected system of parks, trails, open space and facilities for the present community and future generations.
- Develop and facilitate an enriched environment of artistic, creative and cultural activities.