Recreation Programs, Facilities & Events
Thornton Triple T Youth Triathlon
Challenges Local Kids!
hosted by Parks, Recreation and
The Annual Thornton Triple T Youth Triathlon
was held Friday, August 9.
A total of 18 children, ages 8-14, participated in this year's youth triathlon and week-long triathlon clinic.
Three separate courses were created according to age group, which included swimming laps/distances in the Carpenter Recreation Center pool, cycling distances around Carpenter Park Fields and running around the lakes in Carpenter Park.
Congratulations to all of the youth participants! Their hard work certainly paid off.
The Thornton community has long seen the value of safe and welcoming neighborhoods along with parks and open spaces where they can recreate, relax and enjoy time with family and friends. Through the use of our quality programming, our parks and our recreation facilities, the Thornton Recreation Division provides safe, supervised activities for residents of all ages.
Thornton residents have the opportunity to enhance the quality of their lives by participating in our fitness programs, sports activities, a wide array of enrichment classes as well as special events and festivals, all created specifically to form a place for neighbors to gather.
Thornton’s Recreation Division takes a great deal of pride in honoring the Community Services Department’s Mission Statement in everything that we do and provide for our citizens.
The content of which is as follows:
- Enrich the quality of life by creating places for neighbors to gather.
- Promote safety, health and wellness.
- Foster human development
- Provide diverse programs and leisure services designed to meet physical, mental, cultural and social needs of the community.
- Establish and preserve a connected system of parks, trails, open space and facilities for the present community and future generations.
- Develop and facilitate an enriched environment of artistic, creative and cultural activities.