The city of Thornton Preschool classes are designed to build upon one another. However, children can enter the program at any of the age-levels (they are not required to complete Beginner Preschool), as each age-level is developmentally appropriate for the designated age group. The curriculum is aligned with the Colorado Early Learning and Development Guidelines (ELDG).
These guidelines include indicators for the children to practice in physical development and health; social and emotional development; English language development; literacy; logic and reasoning; mathematics; science; social studies; creative arts expression; and approaches to learning.
Further information on the ELDG can be found at http://earlylearningco.org/.
Trail Winds preschool request forms now available. Click here
PLEASE NOTE: Parents enrolling in the Preschool programs.
- Preschool Participants: Forms must be returned before the child's first day, if approved to start during the school year.
- Children will not be allowed into class until ALL forms are completed.
- Forms must be filled out in their entirety. Please make sure you write something on every line,
even if it is "NA" or "None".
- Participants must reach the designated age and be potty trained by the first day of class.
- Guardians (18 and older) must sign the child in and out of all classes.
- The city of Thornton Preschool Program is a continuous program, with the exception of
For additional information about our programs follow the links to the right.