power lines

​Electric & Gas Utility Services

Depending on your location, electric and gas services are provided to residents of Thornton by Xcel Energy or United Power. This information should be on your electric or gas utility bill. To view the geographic areas serviced by each company, view our Utility Service Map.

For information on gas leaks, power outages, gas or electric appliance repair, transfer of service or starting new service, estimated meter reading or other billing concerns, automated meter reading for gas and electric service, or general gas and electric service questions, use the following contact information:

Xcel Energy
Phone: 800-895-4999

United Power
Phone: 800-468-8809

Street Light Issues  

Street lights are installed, after City approval, and maintained by Xcel Energy or United Power depending on the area of the City. Please call 720-977-6490 to request that the City investigate the need for a street light(s). To report street light outages, please call Xcel Energy directly at 1-800-895-4999.