Thornton Arts Academy (TAA) Winter Schedule
Registration is open at gocot.net/registration or call 720-977-5901.
Art classes are held at the Thornton Arts and Culture Annex at 9211 Dorothy Blvd; enter at the driveway door.
Drama classes are held next door at the Thornton Arts and Culture Center theater at 9209 Dorothy Blvd.
Youth Classes (Supplies included)
YOUTH ART EXPERIENCE - Fee $48 R/NR
Ages 6-8: Activity #491505-A, Tuesdays, January 3-31, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Ages 9-12: Activity #491505-B, Tuesdays, February 14-March 14, 4:30-5:30 p.m..
YOUTH POTTERY - Ages 8-12, Fee $60 R/NR
Activity #493515-A, Wednesdays, January 4-February 1, 4:30-6 p.m.
Activity #493515-B, Wednesdays, February 15-March 15, 4:30-6 p.m.
ON STAGE! YOUTH THEATER AND ACTING - Ages 9-12, Fee $48 R/NR
Activity #491503, Wednesdays, February 15-March 15, 5:15-6:15 p.m.
WINTER WONDERLAND - Ages 7-10, Fee $48 R/NR
Activity #491550, Wednesdays, February 15-March 15, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
YOUTH DRAWING - Ages 6-8, Fee $48 R/NR
Activity #491505-A, Thursdays, February 16-March 16, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Adult Classes (Supply list sent after registration)
WATERCOLOR I - Ages 18+, Fee $60 R/NR
Activity #496501-A, Tuesdays, February 14-March 14, 6-8 p.m.
THEATER ACTING AND DRAMA - Ages 18+, Fee $60 R/NR
Activity #496535, Wednesdays, February 15-March 15, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
COLORED PENCIL - Ages 18+, Fee $60 R/NR
Activity #496520-A, Thursdays, February 16-March 16, 6-8 p.m.
One-Day Art Workshops (supplies included)
CELEBRATE BLACK HISTORY: IMMERSIVE ART AND COLLAGE - All ages, Fee: $5R/NR
Join artist Chloé Duplessis for a special immersive art class experience.
Activity #491522-A, Saturday, February 11, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Activity #491521-A, Saturday, March 11, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Additional TAA Program Information
- Thornton Arts Academy offers entry-level art and theater classes for youth and adults year-round.
- Students are encouraged to sign up for multiple sessions which change every five weeks each season.
- Fees are kept low with funding from the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (SCFD) and city of Thornton.
- Classes are kept small and held at the TACC Annex studio, Active Adult Center and Trail Winds Recreation Center.
- At the end of each season, students can participate in an art show or performance to showcase their talents.
- For class information and cancellations due to weather or illness or special accommodations, contact Lisa Neeper, Arts & Culture Supervisor, at Lisa.Neeper@ThorntonCO.gov or 720-977-5882.
ALL INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.