Thornton Community Center
2211 Eppinger Blvd., Thornton 80229
CURRENTLY CLOSED DUE TO INCREASE IN COVID-19 CASES.
Capacity limits and physical distancing rules will apply for use of the Community Center.
There is a limited capacity for each public area and is on a first come, first served basis.
We appreciate your understanding and patience as we all continue to work through this difficult period together.
The health & safety of our patrons and staff is our top priority. Please be aware of the following modifications which are all based off guidance provided by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment which can be found here.
Please note that this information is subject to change as necessary.
- Temperature Checks
Temperatures will be taken as you enter the facility. Individuals with a 100.5 degree temperature or higher will not be permitted to use the facility and will be asked to leave.
- PPE & Physical Distancing
Masks must be worn at all times in our facility. Please continue to practice physical distancing.
- Other Considerations
- If you or anyone in your household is showing symptoms of Covid-19 or is feeling ill, please do not visit the Community Center.
- Locker room usage will be limited to lavatories and hand washing only. Showers and storage lockers will not be available.
Please come dressed prepared for your activity and plan on leaving dressed as you came.
- Water fountains will be inactive. We will have a water jug and disposable cups available outside of the facitlity for your use.
In an effort to maintain proper physical distancing, the following capacities will be in place:
- Weight Room = 3 participants
- Single shoot basketball = 6 participants
- Youth & Teen Center = 10 participants
Free Youth & Teen Meal Program
The free daily meal program consists of morning breakfast and an afternoon snack. Both of these will be handed out from the front desk.
- Afternoon Snack: 3-7 p.m.
Admission fees include use of the weight room and gymnasium. Some age limitations apply in various areas of the facility. See below for information on using the Thornton Teen Center. A current recreation center photo ID is required to qualify for resident or nonresident daily admission. The IDs are valid for two years and cost $5 (resident) or $7 (nonresident).
|||RESIDENT||NONRESIDENT ||NO ID|
|Senior Drop-In||$ .50||$ .75||$2.50|
|Adult Drop-In||$ .50||$ 2.50||$4.00|
|Youth Drop-In||$ .25||$ .75||$1.50|
|Discount Punch Card (18 years+)|||||||
Proof of Residency
- Your current valid Colorado driver's license or Colorado ID with a current address; OR
- A photo ID and two of the following documents showing correct name, current date and current Thornton address.
- Utility bill or phone bill
- Car registration
- Voter registration card
- Statement from major creditor
- Recent Adams County tax notice
- Rental contract/mortgage statement.
Open gym (All courts) All ages
|Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday||Saturday & Sunday|
Closures and Holiday Hours:
|Days Closed:||Days with Holiday Hours: |
|Memorial Day||Christmas Eve, December 24||8 a.m - 3 p.m.|
|Independence Day||New Year's Ever, December 31||8 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|New Years Day|||||