Recreational Vehicle Permit

​Recreational Vehicle Permit Information

Do I need a RV permit?

The city of Thornton does require a permit to park recreational vehicles, motor homes and any type of trailer in the public rights-of-way in residential areas.  You are permitted four 72 hour permits per year. Municipal Code 38.430 goes into more details if you would like to know more about the code.

How to Register

Registration is required before you can apply for an RV permit. Watch the instructional video below to learn how to register.

Now you are ready to get registered. Once you are on the CityView Portal home page you will need to look for "Register" and follow the step by step form. Once you have completed your registration you will not have to register again.

How to Apply for your Permit

  1. Click on CityView Portal link above.
  2. Click on the "Portal Home" link.
  3. Under the Code Enforcement section you will find "Apply for an RV or OVP Permit". You can now sign in using the email address and password that you set up when registering.  Follow the prompts to fill out the form. Please have your recreational vehicle registration and driver's license ready to upload. Once you have submitted your application it is routed to staff for approval. Your permit will be emailed to you once it is approved. If your permit requires resubmittal please follow our resubmittal instructions.

If you have any questions please contact Code Compliance at 303-538-7517 or email