Banner promoting the discontinuation of mailing utility bills to all customers.

​Utility Billing

​​​The City of Thornton provides water, sewer, stormwater, and trash services to its residents. One or more of these services are reflected in your bill each month.​​

GO PAPERLESS! Take a break from paper and GO PAPERLESS!  Conveniently and securely access and pay your utility account with e-billing. When you create an account, you will be able to simplify and save time by setting up automatic payments and payment reminders. You do not need to store your old statements anymore with e-billing. View past and current statements anytime with a click of a button. Make the switch today! Sign-up is simple. Follow the link to get started today.

​​​​​​​​​​​Six Ways to Pay Your Utility Bill

      1. How to Set Up or Add Additional Accounts Online 
      2. How to Set Up Paperless Billing
      3. How to set up Autopay
      4. How to add, edit, or change my Credit Card Information Online
      5. How to Remove an Online Account

  • Automated Phone Payment
    • Call utility billing, 303-538-7370 Option #1, and make a credit card payment.
  • Mail-In Payment
    • Remove the top portion of your utility bill, turn the bill over, and mail it to the address printed on the bill:
      PO Box 810262, Denver, CO 80281-0262 ​
    • Call 303-538-7370 to find out what is owed on your account. When writing out your check, include your account number and/or property and mail payment to the utility billing office:
      PO Box 810262, Denver, CO 80281-0262.        
  • ​In-Person
    • Pay in person at Thornton City Hall, located at 9500 Civic Center Drive, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 
  • Drive-Up Drop Box
    • Place payment in our drive-up drop off box located at 9500 Civic Center Drive.
    • Remember, always pay by check or money order when dropping off your payment in the night drop.
  • Walk-Up Drop Box 
    • Place payment in our walk-up drop off box located a12450 Washington Street.
    • Remember, always pay by check or money order when dropping off your payment in the night drop.

Budget Billing for your Utility Bill

Do you crave the secure feeling of knowing your water charges will be the same each month of the year? The City of Thornton offers a service called the Budget Billing program.  *Budget Billing rules and application can be found under Budget Billing Information.

Can't Pay Your Utility Bill?

It may be possible that payment arrangements can be made on your account. Please call 303-538-7222.​