Heidi Williams is a Colorado Native and grew up in Brighton, Colorado. Heidi and her husband Toby married in 2001 and have three children (Michael, Chloe and Noah). Heidi has lived in the North Metro area since graduating high school and has been a resident of Thornton since 2006.
Mayor Williams owned a retail business in Thornton from 2004-2012. In addition to working in and owning a small business, she has served on many boards. Her first community service experience was with her church in the early 2000s, and was the Den Leader, Committee and Popcorn Chair for her son's Cub Scout Pack. She has since served as a Director on the Adams 12 Board of Education, Chair of the Thornton Revitalization Advisory Board, Brighton High School DECA Advisory Committee, Thornton High School DECA Advisory Board, ThornCreek Church Board of Directors and also served as Vice President of the Uniform Retailers Association Board. In addition to serving Thornton as the Mayor, Heidi currently sits on the following Boards:
- Executive Committee
- IT Committee
- Urban Flood and Drainage-Recent Past Chair
- Urban Flood and Drainage-Finance and Audit Committee; Legislative Committee
- Metro Mayor’s Caucus-Past Chair
- Metro Mayor’s Caucus-Executive Committee
- Public Safety Committee
- Water & Climate Committee
- FasTracks Task Force
- Other committees as needed for regional issues
- Smart Commute North-Vice Chair; North Area TMO (Transportation Management Organization)
- Food for Hope-Co-Founder
- Ralston House-Board of Directors
- Metro North Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Front Range Community College Foundation Board of Directors
Heidi recently graduated in May 2017 with a BS in Political Science and will receive a master’s degree in Public Administration in December 2018. She is currently the Director of Government Affairs for HBA Metro Denver, which allows her to continue to advocate for businesses in her final term as mayor.
Improving Thornton’s economy by adding new businesses, thus creating jobs, is Mayor Williams' number one priority. She believes revitalization of Original Thornton is one of the keys to this process. Mayor Williams engages different stakeholders in the community several times per year to get feedback to ensure Thornton has a business friendly environment. You can contact Mayor Williams at any time because she is YOUR Mayor!